Supports & Opportunities for Success
YDN offers training sessions focused on youth development and youth engagement topics. Core topics included the following area of content:
- Youth Development: Training on the youth development approach, which focuses on:
- The critical experiences all youth in your program need for their successful, healthy development.
- How to make these experiences happen at your program as much and as often as possible.
- Facilitation: Training focuses on the tools and skills that facilitators need for working with groups, whether they are young people or adults, in a way that is engaging, empowering, and harmonious.
- Youth Engagement: Training on creating optimal environments for youth to step up and take on responsibility and leadership in a variety of ways; from youth as part of your board, to peer tutors and mentors. Trainings focus on the skills and tools that adults and youth need for a successful experience together.
- Organizational Development: These trainings focus on support and assistance in program development, program improvement, strategic planning, best practices, mission alignment, and even retreats. These sessions and series offering are designed to take an organization from good to great, from “getting by” to high functioning, from a place where youth hang out to a place where youth come to thrive and succeed.
- Human Development: Content designed by adapting the youth development principles and approach into a training that focuses on a process and an approach that creates an optimal working environment throughout an organization for the administration, management, and staff. A process of human growth through which people move from being taken care of to taking care of others and themselves. An approach in which people are supported as they build their capacities and strengths to meet their personal social needs and those of the organization.